Diabetes is a chronic disease that is characterized by high blood sugar as a result of defects in insulin secretion, insulin action, or both. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to permanent blindness, amputation of extremities, heart disease, vascular disease as well as kidney failure.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between the Freestyle Libre 2 and Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitors?
- What is the difference between traditional glucose meters and noninvasive continuous glucose monitors?
- What is a diabetic diet?
- At what time of day is it best to check blood sugar levels?
- How often should I check my blood sugar?
- Why should people diagnosed with diabetes and prediabetes monitor their blood glucose levels?
- What is the glycemic index?
- When do I check my postprandial blood glucose level?
- What is a postprandial blood glucose level?
- Can I use a ketogenic diet in pregnancy? Should I stop eating carbohydrates in pregnancy if I develop or want to prevent gestational diabetes?