Birth control pills and other forms of hormonal birth control can also help regulate the menstrual cycle and treat other symptoms of PCOS such as hair growth and acne. Hormonal birth control also decreases the risk of endometrial cancer because they keep the endometrial lining very thin. Estrogen and progestin in hormonal birth control can help to restore normal hormone balance.
Articles in this section
- What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?
- What are Some Common Symptoms of PCOS?
- What causes PCOS?
- What is the link between PCOS and insulin resistance?
- What is the association between PCOS and obesity?
- How do I know if I have PCOS?
- Do I need to get an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis of PCOS?
- What are the potential long-term effects caused by PCOS?
- Can I still get pregnant with PCOS?
- Does a cure exist for PCOS?