You do not need to have an ultrasound if you have irregular periods and hyperandrogenism (excess of male hormones). We do not recommend ultrasounds in women younger than 20 years.
Articles in this section
- What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?
- What are Some Common Symptoms of PCOS?
- What causes PCOS?
- What is the link between PCOS and insulin resistance?
- What is the association between PCOS and obesity?
- How do I know if I have PCOS?
- Do I need to get an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis of PCOS?
- What are the potential long-term effects caused by PCOS?
- Can I still get pregnant with PCOS?
- Does a cure exist for PCOS?