Up to 85% of women with PCOS are obese. PCOS is an obesity-related condition. Weight-gain and obesity contribute towards the development of PCOS and a vicious cycle with weight gain: The development of PCOS can contribute towards further weight gain and make weight-loss more difficult.
Articles in this section
- What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?
- What are Some Common Symptoms of PCOS?
- What causes PCOS?
- What is the link between PCOS and insulin resistance?
- What is the association between PCOS and obesity?
- How do I know if I have PCOS?
- Do I need to get an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis of PCOS?
- What are the potential long-term effects caused by PCOS?
- Can I still get pregnant with PCOS?
- Does a cure exist for PCOS?