Non prescription remedies like phytoestrogens, black cohosh, Dong Quai, vitamin E, and other herbs and natural products haven’t been clearly shown to relieve menopause symptoms. Natural products may have side effects or interact with drugs, and little is known about their long-term safety.
Articles in this section
- What is menopause?
- At what age do women undergo menopause?
- What is perimenopause?
- What menopausal symptoms may I experience?
- What are vasomotor symptoms?
- What causes vaginal and urinary tract changes of menopause?
- What treatments are available for treating hot flashes?
- What lifestyle changes can I make to treat hot flashes?
- What antidepressants can I take to treat hot flashes?
- What type of hormones can I take for hot flashes?