Mastitis is a clogged duct that’s worsened. It’s usually accompanied by a fever and chills. Contact your healthcare provider if you develop mastitis.
- Common in the first couple of weeks, as the milk supply adjusts
- There is a red, painful lump, but at this point, there might be streaks extending outward from it
- You might have chills, extreme fatigue, and a fever
- The first line of defense is GO TO BED for 2-3 days and feed, feed, feed the baby while drinking as many fluids as you can.
- Antibiotics should only be considered if this doesn’t work.
More on Mastitis: https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/
Recurring Mastitis and Infections: https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/recurrent-mastitis/