This visit is an opportunity to discuss the impact your health, behaviors, family history, and living environment can have on a pregnancy. The clinician may recommend tests, medication changes, and modification of behaviors like quitting tobacco use.
Articles in this section
- Why is iron important in pregnancy?
- Why are prenatal vitamins recommended?
- When should I take prenatal vitamins?
- What vaccinations should I get prior to pregnancy?
- What type of foods should I eat in pregnancy?
- What type of environmental hazards should I try to avoid prior to pregnancy?
- What things in my environment can cause problems in pregnancy?
- What problems can use of substances like tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, illegal drugs, and prescription drugs taken for a nonmedical reason cause in pregnancy?
- What medical conditions affect pregnancy?
- What kind of questions will my clinician ask regarding preconception counseling?