No. Statins are contraindicated during pregnancy. Studies show that they may cause birth defects and the risks outweigh the benefits.
Articles in this section
- What is hyperlipidemia?
- How common is hyperlipidemia?
- Who is more likely to develop hyperlipidemia?
- What are the symptoms of hyperlipidemia?
- What causes hyperlipidemia?
- How is hyperlipidemia diagnosed?
- What is a serum lipid panel?
- Who should be screened for hyperlipidemia and how often?
- How is hyperlipidemia treated?
- How do I take statins?