Hyperlipidemia usually has no symptoms. Many people have high cholesterol and do not know because no early warning signs exist. Sometimes the first sign is a blockage in an artery leading to an important organ, like the heart or brain. This is why it is so important to be screened for high cholesterol.
Articles in this section
- What is hyperlipidemia?
- How common is hyperlipidemia?
- Who is most likely to develop hyperlipidemia?
- What are the symptoms of hyperlipidemia?
- What causes hyperlipidemia?
- How is hyperlipidemia diagnosed?
- What is a serum lipid panel?
- Who should be screened for hyperlipidemia and how often?
- How is hyperlipidemia treated?
- How do I take statins?