Statins reduce the liver’s production of cholesterol. They do this by blocking an enzyme, called HMG CoA Reductase. This enzyme is important in production of cholesterol by the liver.
Articles in this section
- What is hyperlipidemia?
- How common is hyperlipidemia?
- Who is more likely to develop hyperlipidemia?
- What are the symptoms of hyperlipidemia?
- What causes hyperlipidemia?
- How is hyperlipidemia diagnosed?
- What is a serum lipid panel?
- Who should be screened for hyperlipidemia and how often?
- How is hyperlipidemia treated?
- How do I take statins?