If your clinician suspects that you may have hypothyroidism based on your symptoms, past medical history, and family history, they will order a screening blood test for thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). If your TSH is elevated, they will order a repeat TSH plus a free T4 to confirm the diagnosis.
Articles in this section
- What is hypothyroidism?
- What is Thyroid Stimulating Hormone?
- What lab test should I be taking for hypothyroidism?
- What can Alpha do for hypothyroidism?
- What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- What hormone does the thyroid gland produce?
- What is a thyroid gland?
- How common is hypothyroidism?
- Who is more likely to develop hypothyroidism?
- What medications are commonly known to interfere with thyroid hormone production?