How do I take levothyroxine (Synthroid)?
- Take levothyroxine with a full glass of water
- Take the medication on an empty stomach (60 minutes before breakfast or bedtime (3 or more hours after evening meal)
- Take levothyroxine at least four hours before or after taking with other medications that are known to interact with levothyroxine such as calcium carbonate or iron sulfate and even antacid
- Do not take the medication with food
- Notify your provider if you start taking new medications, large changes in body weight, or if you become pregnant