High cholesterol is diagnosed with one easy blood test called a “Lipid Panel”. You should take this test when you are fasting meaning 12 hours without food or drink, except water. Your Alpha practitioner evaluates the results of your lipid panel to determine if your cholesterol numbers are elevated and will recommend the best treatment for you.
Articles in this section
- What is hyperlipidemia?
- How common is hyperlipidemia?
- Who is more likely to develop hyperlipidemia?
- What are the symptoms of hyperlipidemia?
- What causes hyperlipidemia?
- How is hyperlipidemia diagnosed?
- What is a serum lipid panel?
- Who should be screened for hyperlipidemia and how often?
- How is hyperlipidemia treated?
- How do I take statins?