Our bodies continually grow new hair and shed old hair. It’s normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day. This shedding is not a sign of hair loss. A receding hairline, bald spot, or overall thinning is a sign of hair loss.
Articles in this section
- How can I prevent or reduce hair loss?
- What prescription medications and procedures treat hair loss?
- What is hair loss?
- Are hair loss shampoos and at-home treatments effective for treating hair loss?
- What causes hair loss?
- Is hair loss contagious?
- What are the early signs of hair loss?
- Is it normal to lose some hair?
- Hair loss can develop elsewhere, aside from your scalp.
- What are other signs and symptoms of hair loss?