Aygestin, norethindrone 5 mg, is a form of progesterone, a female hormone important for regulating ovulation and menstruation. The medication is FDA approved for the treatment of secondary amenorrhea, endometriosis, and abdominal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance in the absence of organic pathology, such as submucous fibroids or uterine cancer.
Articles in this section
- What is endometriosis?
- How common is endometriosis?
- What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
- Why does endometriosis cause pain and health problems?
- Who gets endometriosis?
- What causes endometriosis?
- How is endometriosis diagnosed?
- How is endometriosis treated?
- Can I get pregnant if I have endometriosis?
- What are the risk factors that may increase the risk for endometriosis?