The overall risk of endometriosis-associated cancer is low. The overall frequency of ovarian cancer arising in a patient with a diagnosis of endometriosis is 2-3 times higher than in women without a diagnosis of endometriosis but is still less than 1%.
Articles in this section
- What is endometriosis?
- How common is endometriosis?
- What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
- Why does endometriosis cause pain and health problems?
- Who gets endometriosis?
- What causes endometriosis?
- How is endometriosis diagnosed?
- How is endometriosis treated?
- Can I get pregnant if I have endometriosis?
- What are the risk factors that may increase the risk for endometriosis?