Trichomoniasis (or “trich”) is a very common sexually transmitted infection (STI). It is caused by infection with a protozoan parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis. Although symptoms of the disease vary, most people who have the parasite cannot tell they are infected.
Articles in this section
- What is trichomoniasis?
- How common is trichomoniasis?
- How do people get trichomoniasis?
- What are risk factors of trichomoniasis?
- What are the symptoms of trichomoniasis?
- What are signs of trichomoniasis?
- What are the complications of trichomoniasis?
- How does trichomoniasis affect a pregnant woman and her baby?
- How is trichomoniasis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for trichomoniasis?