Most of the time, a blood test is used to test for syphilis. Self test kits are also available for you to collect samples at home and mail back to a lab. Some health care providers will diagnose syphilis by testing fluid from a syphilis sore.
Articles in this section
- What is syphilis?
- How is syphilis transmitted?
- What does syphilis look like?
- How can I reduce my risk of getting syphilis?
- Am I at risk for syphilis?
- I’m pregnant. How does syphilis affect my baby?
- What are the signs and symptoms of syphilis?
- How will I or my doctor know if I have syphilis?
- Can syphilis be cured?
- I’ve been treated. Can I get syphilis again?