Unfortunately no - HSV-2 is most contagious during an outbreak of sores, but can also be transmitted when no symptoms are felt or visible.
Articles in this section
- Do you accept insurance?
- What is genital herpes?
- Is genital herpes a sexually transmitted infection (STI)?
- What causes genital herpes?
- Can genital herpes be cured?
- Can a genital herpes outbreak be prevented?
- How is HSV-2 transmitted?
- How can I protect myself and my partner from contracting sexually transmitted infections?
- Am I only infectious when I have an outbreak?
- What treatment does Alpha Medical have for genital herpes infection?