Yes, depression is treatable. The earlier treatment begins, the more effective it is. Most adults see an improvement in their symptoms when treated with antidepressant drugs, talk therapy (psychotherapy), or a combination of both.
Articles in this section
- What is Depression?
- What if I have thought of hurting myself?
- How common is depression?
- Are women more likely to have depression than men?
- What causes depression?
- What are the symptoms of depression?
- What are the treatments available for depression?
- What types of medications are available for treatments of depression?
- What are serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
- What are serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors?