Severe symptoms that interfere with the ability to work, sleep, study, eat, and enjoy life. An episode can occur only once in a person’s lifetime, but more often, a person has several episodes.
Articles in this section
- What is Depression?
- What if I have thought of hurting myself?
- How common is depression?
- Are women more likely to have depression than men?
- What causes depression?
- What are the symptoms of depression?
- What are the treatments available for depression?
- What types of medications are available for treatments of depression?
- What are serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
- What are serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors?