A depressed mood that lasts for at least 2 years. A person diagnosed with persistent depressive disorder may have episodes of major depression along with periods of less severe symptoms, but symptoms must last for 2 years.
Articles in this section
- What is Depression?
- What if I have thought of hurting myself?
- How common is depression?
- Are women more likely to have depression than men?
- What causes depression?
- What are the symptoms of depression?
- What are the treatments available for depression?
- What types of medications are available for treatments of depression?
- What are serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
- What are serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors?