Postpartum depression is much more serious than the “baby blues” that many women experience after giving birth, when hormonal and physical changes and the new responsibility of caring for a newborn can be overwhelming. It is estimated that 10 to 15 percent of women experience postpartum depression after giving birth.
Articles in this section
- What is Depression?
- What if I have thought of hurting myself?
- How common is depression?
- Are women more likely to have depression than men?
- What causes depression?
- What are the symptoms of depression?
- What are the treatments available for depression?
- What types of medications are available for treatments of depression?
- What are serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
- What are serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors?