Treatment for anxiety disorders depends on the type of anxiety disorder you have and your personal history of health problems, violence, or abuse.
Often, treatment may include:
- Identify and remove possible triggers:
- nicotine - Read more about tobacco cessation strategies.
- dietary triggers - Learn more about how you can use nutritional health as a resource for recovery.
- Stress - Read more about how you can reduce stress.
- Improve sleep quality/quantity
- Physical activity - yoga; exercise at 60% to 90% of maximal heart rate for 20 minutes three times weekly
- Social interaction - like getting together with a friend for dinner or a walk
- A regular schedule - sleep for at least 8 hours per night
- Changing habits that make you unsatisfied
- Complete wellness worksheets to help implement behavior change programs.
- Talk therapy (called psychotherapy)
- A combination of talk therapy and medicine
Some women also find that yoga or meditation helps with anxiety disorders.