Women are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with depression. It is more than twice as common for African-American, Hispanic, and white women to have depression compared to Asian-American women. Depression is also more common in women whose families live below the federal poverty line
Articles in this section
- What is Depression?
- What if I have thought of hurting myself?
- How common is depression?
- Are women more likely to have depression than men?
- What causes depression?
- What are the symptoms of depression?
- What are the treatments available for depression?
- What types of medications are available for treatments of depression?
- What are serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
- What are serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors?