Need more information about depression?
For more information about depression, call the OWH Helpline at 1-800-994-9662 or check out these resources from the following organizations:
- Depression - Information from HelpGuide.org.
- Depression - Information from the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance.
- Depression in Women: 5 Things You Should Know — Brochure from the National Institute of Mental Health.
- Older Adults and Depression — Booklet from the National Institute of Mental Health.
- Postpartum Disorders - Information from Mental Health America.
- American Academy of Family Physicians - information about anxiety, treatment, how clinicians & patients select medications, and common side effects
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America - mobile apps to help with anxiety and depression
- American Psychiatric Association - help people in caregiver roles and people with anxiety disorders understand conditions, reduce stigma, and share issues
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - learn more about anxiety, treatment, and how to get help
- National Institute of Mental Health - information about anxiety, its causes, treatment options, professionals who treat the disease, national programs, and assistance
- National Mental Health Association - take steps to live a mentally healthy life!