Yes. Medications called beta blockers, specifically propranolol and timolol are more commonly used to treat high blood pressure and also effectively prevent migraines. They do not treat acute migraine attacks.
Articles in this section
- How can Alpha Medical help me with migraines?
- What are the treatment options for my migraine?
- What causes migraines?
- How can I prevent a migraine attack?
- Do you offer anti-nausea medication?
- What anti-nausea medication do you offer?
- Is it true that anticonvulsant medication can be used for migraine?
- How soon will I receive the benefit from the preventive migraine medication?
- Is it true that blood pressure medication can be used for migraine?
- Do you accept insurance?