Yes, anticonvulsant medications are used for acute migraine attacks. However, not all anticonvulsants have been approved by the FDA for use in patients to stop migraines before they start. At Alpha Medical, we offer Topiramate, which is an FDA-approved anticonvulsant that has been shown to be effective in reducing migraine frequency.
Articles in this section
- How can Alpha Medical help me with migraines?
- What are the treatment options for my migraine?
- What causes migraines?
- How can I prevent a migraine attack?
- Do you offer anti-nausea medication?
- What anti-nausea medication do you offer?
- Is it true that anticonvulsant medication can be used for migraine?
- How soon will I receive the benefit from the preventive migraine medication?
- Is it true that blood pressure medication can be used for migraine?
- Do you accept insurance?