No. It is possible that you can transmit the virus when you do not have an outbreak, specifically when you have prodromal symptoms, the 1-2 days before the outbreak. Cold sores are also contagious up to 15 days or after the lesion(s) has completely resolved.
Articles in this section
- Do you accept insurance?
- Why doesn’t Alpha treat patients with genital Herpes who are immunosuppressed (immunocompromised)?
- Am I only infectious when I have an outbreak?
- Can I take medication to prevent an outbreak?
- What causes cold sores?
- What are the risks of taking valacyclovir?
- Other companies offer suppressive treatment medication for cold sores, how come Alpha Medical doesn’t?
- How soon will my cold sores disappear?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I am breastfeeding?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I’m pregnant?