To treat a cold sore outbreak, you can take 2000 mg (2 tablets) valacyclovir twice a day for one day.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Acyclovir and Valacyclovir?
- Do you accept insurance?
- Why doesn’t Alpha treat patients with genital Herpes who are immunosuppressed (immunocompromised)?
- Am I only infectious when I have an outbreak?
- Can I take medication to prevent an outbreak?
- What causes cold sores?
- What are the risks of taking valacyclovir?
- Other companies offer suppressive treatment medication for cold sores, how come Alpha Medical doesn’t?
- How soon will my cold sores disappear?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I am breastfeeding?