Cold sores are caused by a herpes virus that may be spread by kissing or other physical contact with the infected area of the skin. They are small, painful ulcers that you get in or around your mouth. It is not known if valacyclovir can stop the spread of cold sores to others.
Articles in this section
- Do you accept insurance?
- Why doesn’t Alpha treat patients with genital Herpes who are immunosuppressed (immunocompromised)?
- Am I only infectious when I have an outbreak?
- Can I take medication to prevent an outbreak?
- What causes cold sores?
- What are the risks of taking valacyclovir?
- Other companies offer suppressive treatment medication for cold sores, how come Alpha Medical doesn’t?
- How soon will my cold sores disappear?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I am breastfeeding?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I’m pregnant?