At Alpha Medical, we only offer treatment that has been approved by the FDA for the condition that you seek treatment. Currently, there are no FDA approved medications for the suppressive treatment of cold sores. Because the efficacy and safety have not been established, we are unable to provide suppressive cold sore treatment.
Articles in this section
- Do you accept insurance?
- Why doesn’t Alpha treat patients with genital Herpes who are immunosuppressed (immunocompromised)?
- Am I only infectious when I have an outbreak?
- Can I take medication to prevent an outbreak?
- What causes cold sores?
- What are the risks of taking valacyclovir?
- Other companies offer suppressive treatment medication for cold sores, how come Alpha Medical doesn’t?
- How soon will my cold sores disappear?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I am breastfeeding?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I’m pregnant?