Use of valacyclovir while pregnant has not been studied in clinical trials. Use in pregnancy with caution and only when the benefit outweighs the risk. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, talk with your primary healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of taking prescription drugs (including valacyclovir) during pregnancy.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Acyclovir and Valacyclovir?
- Do you accept insurance?
- Why doesn’t Alpha treat patients with genital Herpes who are immunosuppressed (immunocompromised)?
- Am I only infectious when I have an outbreak?
- Can I take medication to prevent an outbreak?
- What causes cold sores?
- What are the risks of taking valacyclovir?
- Other companies offer suppressive treatment medication for cold sores, how come Alpha Medical doesn’t?
- How soon will my cold sores disappear?
- Can I safely take valacyclovir when I am breastfeeding?