There are three ways for starting your birth control; the Quick-start Method, the Day 1 Start and the Sunday Start. You can choose the method that you are most comfortable with. We recommend the Quick-start Method. Whichever start method you choose it is important that you use a backup form of contraception, such as condoms, until you start the second pack of birth control pills.
Articles in this section
- What is the Quick-start Method?
- When do I start taking my birth control pills? ( So I start the pill the day after my period? Is there a certain day you start? )
- Can I use combined hormonal birth control methods while I am chestfeeding?
- How effective are combined hormonal birth control methods?
- What are possible risks of combined hormonal methods?
- What are the benefits of combined hormonal methods?
- What are the different types of combined hormonal pills and how are they taken?
- What are combined hormonal birth control methods and how do they prevent pregnancy?