Prescription medication, therapy, and self care work together to improve your mental health condition. One approach is not necessarily better than the other. Prescription medications treat heredity or chemical imbalances in the brain that may contribute to mental health symptoms. Therapy treats the psychological and psychosocial aspects of mental health conditions.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between support groups and group therapy?
- What are the goals of psychotherapy?
- Is group therapy more effective than individual therapy?
- Is prescription medication more effective than therapy?
- How does remote therapy work on the Alpha platform?
- How is my privacy protected?
- What is psychoeducation support groups?
- What is family psychoeducation group therapy?
- Who leads psychoeducation sessions?
- What is structured group therapy?