During psychotherapy, a person talks to a licensed and trained mental health care professional. The goals are to help the person identify and work through the factors that may be triggering their mental health symptoms.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between support groups and group therapy?
- What are the goals of psychotherapy?
- Is group therapy more effective than individual therapy?
- Is prescription medication more effective than therapy?
- How does remote therapy work on the Alpha platform?
- How is my privacy protected?
- What is psychoeducation support groups?
- What is family psychoeducation group therapy?
- Who leads psychoeducation sessions?
- What is structured group therapy?