Generally, a pregnant person needs to add about 300 extra calories daily after the first trimester to meet the needs of their body and the developing fetus. Calories need to be healthy, balanced, and nutritious
Articles in this section
- How much does a nutrition consult cost?
- What does it mean to eat healthy?
- What can the registered dietitian do for me?
- Why see a registered dietitian over a nutritionist?
- How does a registered dietitian help support heart health?
- What are some of the reasons I would want to see a registered dietitian?
- What type of information will the registered dietitian need to help me?
- What are some of the resources the registered dietitian will provide?
- How often should I meet with a registered dietitian?
- How many extra calories per day should I add in pregnancy?