How many calories you need each day to lose weight or maintain your weight depends on your age, weight, metabolism, whether you are male or female, how active you are, and other factors. You can explore the USDA’s MyPlate Plan and download the MyPlate Plan widget to help develop your personalized food plan.
Articles in this section
- How much does a nutrition consult cost?
- What does it mean to eat healthy?
- What can the registered dietitian do for me?
- Why see a registered dietitian over a nutritionist?
- How does a registered dietitian help support heart health?
- What are some of the reasons I would want to see a registered dietitian?
- What type of information will the registered dietitian need to help me?
- What are some of the resources the registered dietitian will provide?
- How often should I meet with a registered dietitian
- How many extra calories per day should I add in pregnancy?