A SMART goal is:
- Specific and simple- Make a small goal, one step at a time.
- Measurable- Set goals that you can track.
- Attainable- Set goals that are doable. In football and soccer, the attainable goal is to move the ball down the field with an overarching goal of scoring. You may have an overarching goal but need a strategy for how to achieve it.
- Realistic/relevant- Make the goal important to you and your long-term vision of yourself that works with your current schedule, environment, budget, etc…
- Time-bound- Set a specific timeframe for your goal