A low dose form of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor called paroxetine (Brisdelle) is the only antidepressant that is FDA-approved for treating hot flashes.
Articles in this section
- What is menopause?
- At what age do women undergo menopause?
- What is perimenopause?
- What menopausal symptoms may I experience?
- What are vasomotor symptoms?
- What causes vaginal and urinary tract changes of menopause?
- What treatments are available for treating hot flashes?
- What lifestyle changes can I make to treat hot flashes?
- What antidepressants can I take to treat hot flashes?
- What type of hormones can I take for hot flashes?